|Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses worldwide, including Retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers. Amazon’s global price perception is how the population perceives Amazon’s pricing compared to other retailers. Elements that make up customer price perception include the perceived;|
(1) competitiveness of the retailers pricing (i.e. who has the perceived lowest prices)
(2) clarity of price information on the site,
(3) the price vs quality of the products offered (i.e. the value),
(4) the price the customer expects to pay for the product at a given retailer, and
(5) how Amazon messages pricing in press and advertising.
The Central Analytics team is responsible for the metrics and programs that define customer price perception today. The team is responsible for driving new initiatives to deepen our understanding and measurement of price perception, as well as delivering projects that will improve Amazon’s price perception overtime. We protect Amazon Customers and influence projects to improve price perception and price satisfaction.
Do you want to be part of the team that ensures Amazon keeps its “best price” promise across millions of products worldwide? Does the challenge of driving decisions in a dynamic environment excite you? Do you love solving complex business problems using technology? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Are you a passionate self-starter? If the answer to the above questions is a resounding “YES”, read on!
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon’s varied pricing programs and processes.
Amazon is one of the world’s most trusted companies. Help us keep it that way.
|Key job responsibilities|
|1. Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support analytical and business needs of our customers.|
2. Diving deep to fully understand the ETL pipelines, report architecture and metric definitions, Debugging report issues and unblocking workflows.
3. Engage with leadership and diversified stakeholder groups to understand their analytical needs and recommend Business intelligence solutions.
4. Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
5. Standardize data and report consumption across all customer groups
. Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
6. Work with data engineering, Machine learning and software development teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points
7. Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangalore, KA, IND
|– 1+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience|
– 2+ years of complex Excel VBA macros writing experience
– Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
– Experience with SQL or ETL
|– Experience working with Tableau|
– Experience using very large datasets